Pages

June 17, 2013

Tutorial: Metallic Striped Nails!


I am always on a lookout for new nail designs. So when I find something new and different that I haven't done before, I get pretty excited about it. I mean if you are nail art obsessed, like me, you will definitely love this!

One day I was on Amazon.com just browsing the site, and I came across these nail tape strips (that you see on the bottom left picture) in a pack of 10 assorted colors for $1.02! Yup! $1.02 for 10 nail tapes! Not to mention, it was free shipping! Which basically just sealed the deal for me. Its such a great bargain! The only downside is that it does take a while to get to you, since it ships from Hong Kong. However, it's still a perfect way to make your nails a little more interesting, and they are pretty easy to put on. Here is the link, if you would like to buy them!

These nail strips (left picture) come in 10 colors: silver, gold, laser gold,
green, blue, red, purple, rose, white, and laser purple. 

Here is a step-by-step:

- Paint a basecoat on your nail. It helps even out the ridges on your nails to make a smooth finish. (I used Ulta Basecoat Nail Lacquer.)
- Next, paint the color that you want your nail to be. (I used Essie Mint Candy Apple)
- Let your nail dry for a good 15 to 20 minutes after your two coats of polish. 
- Pick the color of strip you want to use on your nail. (I used the silver strip tape.)
- Cut out about an inch of the strip using scissors or a nail cutter.
- Place the strip where you want it on your nail leaving a bit of the strip hanging on each side.
- Using your nail cutter get close to the edge of the nail and cut out the excess strip. (I found that using a nail cutter makes it easier to get close to the edge rather than using scissors.)
- After you placed the however number of strips that you want on that nail, paint on a clear coat. (I used Ulta X-dry Nail Lacquer.)

You can place these strips horizontal, vertical, and/or diagonal on your nails! There are many ways you can use these. Let your creativity show and have fun with it!

~ C

No comments:

Post a Comment